Monday, February 11, 2013

CRM 2012 Rollup 12 with Subgrid Filter Views

Trying to fix a Filter View and recieved this from Microsoft Support:
---------------------------

I have looked into the case and below are the recommendations:

var relatedProducts = document.getElementById("OrderProducts") and relatedProducts.control.setParameter("fetchXml", fetchXml) are unsupported script methods. The proper way to obtain the control is var control = Xrm.Page.getControl("mysubgrid"). The only function supported specifically for sub grid is refresh. This link has the functions which are supported:

If you need a filtered sub grid, you will need to create an HTML web resource that can render those results. Another option would be to write a Silverlight we resource to render the filtered results.

I have also checked with escalations on this and they agree to the above methods not being supported and using HTML web resource or Silverlight to meet the requirements for filtered sub grids. Please let me know if you have any questions. 
---------------------------

This is unacceptable to me. I'm going to move forward with our first unsupported fix. Good thing I've got some people on the team that could actually build the recommended solution. But what if I took Microsoft's suggestion and just get a power user with senior JScript knowledge (which I also have on the team). This would greatly impact the deployment of the solution.

Looks like Microsoft is starting to backoff on the XRM of their solutions just a bit. Could be a unique issue or a sign of things to come. If I was salesforce, I'd see what else Microsoft is going to make difficult for XRM developers.


No comments:

Post a Comment